Friday, April 07, 2006

My week

First off I want to thank everyone for your wonderful comments on my stash. Don't think hubby feels the same but I appreciate all the sentiments. I think 9 comments for a post is a record for me!!

Been a busy week. Our friends in Norfolk had a baby boy. He will be the recipient of the baby hat (which I designed-my firstImage hosting by Photobucket. I shall put up details when I post the picture.)and the booties (I used Bev's Stay On Knit Booties - newborn sized, the same yarn as the hat, Dale of Norway's, Baby Ull, #8523, leaf). The picture will do it justice when I take it. Also for this little guy I knitted the kimono out of Mason-Dixon Knitting which I highly recommend. The book is a wonderful extension of Ann and Kay and I love the patterns they include. I used Lily's Sugar and Creme in Cool Breeze Ombre which has more yellow than the swatch shows. It was so easy, 2 nights to knit and 1 to stitch together and add the ribbon. A quick and easy baby gift.

I started the other baby blanket from Stitch 'n Bitch and have about 8 inches total done. But I messed up. After knitting 18 rows in seed stitch I realized I cast on 120 stitches, not 126. So I've altered the pattern slightly. I really didn't feel like frogging so I reduced the pattern to kep it the same, the blanket is just a little less wide. Shoot me Image hosting by Photobucket I'm a lazy knitter.

The garden is not going as planned. After planting 2 rows of lettuce and 1 of radishes, I have 1 stinking sprout, 1 measly radish sprout. The weather's been fine, the tornadoes were well north of us. I watered every morning but only on mist. I bet the water didn't absorb well into the soil. So I bet I'm replanting most of that. Meanwhile I get to hear hubby mutter about busting his a** setting up the garden and how much of HIS money we've spent for a large patch of dirt. I personally thought his a** was mighty cute with the rototiller. A man with a large power tool- oh yeah!

No comments: