Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I'm so Happy I could Spit!

I finished the bleepin' pink linen dishcloth!!! When I first started this awful item, I followed the recommended needles from Mason-Dixon Knitting and I used my brand new KnitpPicks options needles bought especially for this project and the recommended yarn, Louet Euroflax Linen. I neglected to check gauge and this thing has been a mass of rough spaghetti from the start. Here is the finished project unblocked...Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket. You can see that it is a bit loose. Blocking did help a lot...Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket. However, the stitch definition is nothing like those in the book. I gave it to my mother-in-law who is visiting this week and she loves it. I am just thrilled that the #@%^&* thing is finally off the needles!Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


In slightly happier knitting news, I popped out a rolled brim hat in Diakeito...Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket. I have no recollection of needle size but I used the formula from The Knitter's Book of Handy Patterns. I ended ripping out the crown about three times because I made it too short and I wanted to use up as much yarn as possible-trying to use up the one skein I thought I owned. Of course after I finished the hat I found a second skein. Whoops. Need another project now or it will be another hat that is destined for the Christmas pile. Patty if you can get this yarn, try it out. It's a nice wool worsted and I love the colors.

Jenny, if you are reading this, go away...



I'm waiting...


Ok, she's gone back to the glam life in Naples. I've completed 2 of the four projects for baby July boy...Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket a bib and burp cloth from Mason-Dixon knitting (yeah shocking that I used their pattern, NOT!) out of basic Peaches and Cream cotton. I still need to add a button for the bib and I altered it slightly and made 2 buttonholes, each about a 1/2 inch apart, for more wear time.

My Harry Potter Sock Kit partner will be happy and so is eldest. The swap requires a handmade bag for the goodies. So I had some Reynold's Utopia in the stash and knit her up a bag from Hip Knits:65 Easy Designs from Hot Designers. Eldest saw the bag and begged for one for her birthday since she is a mega Harry Potter fan...Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket swap partner's bag is on the left and eldest's is on the right. However, the swap partner's bag has the gold dominating colorway on the back. Eldest wanted hers to be gold dominating on both sides. This was a fun, easy purse to pop out in about a week's time.

As part of the swap, we are also giving Harry Potter sock yarn in our swap partner's house colorway. That required a yarn purchase. A good excuse to finally order from Morehouse Farm. The results of this purchase were...Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket. The yarn is luscious. I got a bunch of the laceweight and couldn't resist the Monet colorways. Go drool at their website. Turnaround from order to delivery was just under a week so I highly recommend them. The picture does not do justice to the colors.

Happy knitting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The bib was the first thing I knit! That's what got me addicted. The yarn looks beautiful!
~NancyDrew426