Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day to all!! I got breakfast in bed, French Toast and turkey bacon, YUMMY!!! My mom flew in from Boston yesterday. She'll be here until a week from Tuesday. We are going out to dinner tonight to Amerigo's and then coming home and watching the final episode of West Wing. I'm so bummed over that. My in laws are arriving on Tuesday because Thursday is my oldest daughter's confirmation. So dear 5 readers, (and SP-you make my 6th!!), I may be out of touch until the 23rd or 24th. I've also started a part time job at Imagine This Sold,a service where you can bring in items to be sold on eBay. So I am a busy beaver these days.

Knitting

The baby blanket is making great progress. I'm about 2/3rds done, about 18 inches completed and I've reversed the pattern Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting.

Look I finally have pictures of other projects!! Here are a few shots of the baby kimono from Mason-Dixon Knitting: The Curious Knitters' Guide
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This was done in Lily Sugar 'n Cream Cool Breeze Ombre I highly recommend this project for a quick and easy baby gift. I also made Bev's Stay On Knit Booties - newborn sized in Dale of Norway Baby Ull #8523,a leaf green shade.Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And lastly for this baby gift I made a hat of my own pattern. Using the same yarn from the booties, I used guidelines from The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns. I cast on 54 stitches for a newborn size hat, K2P2 rib for about 1 inch and then used the seaweed pattern from Barbara Walker's A Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns I repeated the pattern 3 times, used the decrease recommended by Handy Book of Patterns and added a tassel. Not bad for first pattern, right?? Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Next post I'll have pics from the latest intarsia slippers and update the garden status after the Memphis floodwaters recede!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Don't you know you have 15 subscribers on Bloglines? I enjoy your blog and love your attitude.

PJ said...

HA! You've got to read my blog! Me Too! Good job on your knitting...I'm one of the "6" readers! Like your flowers as well!

Anonymous said...

very cute hat! i love that you are designing your own -- soon you won't even be referencing sources, 'cause you'll just be doing the "well, i thought it would look good this way"-thing!
best wishes, mary

Anonymous said...

Lisa Castellano!!! :-) I am so impressed at what you are not only KNITTING, but what you are PHOTOGRAPHING! You college-educated girl, you.....ha ha ha!
Seriously, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your photos and how you set them up. Especially nice was the "flash your stash" layout. Very impressive, Lisa. I am always eager for your new accomplishments....and should hasten to add how excited I am to hear about your INDIGO and WOAD dyeing later this summer. :-) :-) There is such a mouth-watering story in there just waiting to unfold....mmmmmmm. It's going to be great!

By the way, Mary told me how to post. As usual, I need someone to hold my hand through every new venture...well, great job on your photos, garden, fibers AND this lovely blog! tanya

Anonymous said...

Such cute stuff!! I love the Mason Dixon books- make sme want to move to the south, LOL!

PS-- We are REALLY enjoying the BBQ rub and sauce you sent!!! DELICIOUS!