Thursday, August 02, 2007

What a great July

This July was a great month, busy and hectic but overall wonderful. We started off in Atlanta visiting the Woods Family. The next week was filled with appointments but the premiere of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (which I loved!). The next eldest went off to the Diocesan leadership camp and the youngest had soccer camp, which was followed up by the distribution of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows...Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket which was followed up the next day with a trip to Florida to visit the Cronins and a stay at hubby's family's house in St. Petersburg Beach. This is the view from the pool deck...Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket, which was right outside the living room. A great month!

I got LOTS of knitting done! I finally finished that Ruffles scarf that has been on the needles for 2 years!Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I polished off 2 dishcloths, a Spinning Wheel Dishcloth for Michelle Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket and a Honeycomb dishcloth for the Florida housePhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket. I made another mobius purse in Ravenclaw colors for my youngest. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I also made a Sophie Bag for myself from some lovely turquoise Brown Sheep Bulky.Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I got lucky enough to have Bronwyn as my partner for the second Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap...Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket. She really indulged me this time. Not one but TWO skeins of Socks that Rock in Mustang Sally and 24 Karat. There were 2 sets of choclate frogs but one was gobbled pretty quickly. I love the sock patterns but I am especially happy about Cookie A's Twisted Flower pattern that I have been eyeing for months! The bag is really cute and so perfect for fall. Thanks so much Bronwyn or cimorenegal as she is known on Ravelry!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You HAVE been busy :-).....but how/where did you knit the wooly/fuzzy scarves and purses in this HEAT?? This would make you not only amazing, but a true knitting addict, my friend. I can barely touch linen right now. :-)

love.t.

Cornellian said...

You are super super welcome and I'm glad you liked it! I'm in love with the STR so I don't know if I'll be able to refrain from buying more ;)

Carrie K said...

I did that ribbon scarf in a couple of weeks but I was expecting it to be something like a two hour project! It looks great, along with that Sophie Bag, dishcloths and wow, that view!

Just dropped by to tell you Happy Birthday!