Thursday, March 02, 2006

AAAARRRGGHH!!

I HATE my jaywalkers. The first sock went so easy. I put down the second with about an inch of the leg pattern to go due to the knitting Olympics. Now every time I pick it up it's mistake city. I ended up frogging about an inch after finding a mistake at the beginning of a needle(K1M1 in same stitch)that I couldn't for the life of me fix. So rather than cut it to little yarn ribbons in frustration, I have put it aside in favor of my Sockapalooza project.

Ikept the Regia 4 ply denim but changed patterns. Seems like everyone in Sockapalooza is doing Embossed Leaves Socks from Interweave Knits winter 2005. So I've switched to Gullwings from Socks, Socks, Socks. I've got the cuff done and am on the leg pattern on the first sock. I'm really loving it.

This has been going around on Knitter's Review. You are Mercerized Cotton
You are Mercerized Cotton.
You are always very crisp and neat. You are very playful and are happiest while outdoors in the sunshine. You are sometimes accused of splitting hairs, but in the end people find you pretty easy to live with.

What kind of yarn are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

3 comments:

amandazen said...

That is too bad about your Jaywalkers. I am sure after a break from them you should be able to get the second sock...

Amanda :)

OakMot said...

I'm having problems with my Jaywalkers as well. I'm not sure whether it's the pattern or the yarn (Socks that Rock), though. I'm not doing Embossed Leaves for Sockapaloooza, but Pomatomus! Good luck on your socks!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa!! Knitnight was here at my place tonight and Tanya said that you had done the Knit Olympics. Thus, I had to visit and see what you'd done. Post pics of your shawl!!

Fab job on making all the buttons -- are you creating the animated ones, too?

Congrats on the Gold!