Tuesday, May 09, 2006

SP 8 Questionaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?I have many I love to knit with:Noro Kureyon, any Lorna's Laces, any Brown Sheep, especially bulky, Koigu, and Lily Sugar and Cream cotton. I'm way over fun furs of most types.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?I have separate cases for my DPNs, straights and circs.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?I've been knitting regularly for 3 years now. I'm an intermediate level knitter.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?Yes, under castelfam.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)Ocean or lilac.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?HUGE sweet tooth!!! LOve choclate, not a nut or coconut fan. Favorites are Cadbury Flake bars, Hershey's plain and smores and Dove milk chocolates

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?I don't spin, didn't like it. I read, do photography, and cook.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)I don't have an iPod but I can play MP3 on my computer. I like classic rock, 80's and pop mostly.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?I prefer jewel tones and brights. Not much I don't like

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?I'm married to a really cute Naval officer, have 2 daughters ages almost 14 and 10. We have 1 cat.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?Yes to all.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?Hats, socks, mittens...the smaller,quicker projects.

13. What are you knitting right now?A baby blanket for a friend who's baby is due any minute!

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?Yes

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?Circs and either Addis or bamboo

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?No but those are on my wish list for my birthday.

17. How did you learn to knit?Originally, I took a class at a store in Virginia Beach calledThe Knitting Corner with the owner, Carole, back in 1995. I retook that beginning class, with Carole, in 2003.

18. How old is your oldest UFO? 10 years, since it was a baby blanket for my youngest daughter that I've never finished.

19. What is your favorite holiday?From fall to just after the New Year, I love all the holidays, plus it's my anniversary in October nad my youngest's birthday is in ealy January.

20. Is there anything that you collect?Junk (tee hee!!), No I really collect, early Blue Willow china, Canton china, pineapple and floral depression glass and Smith College (my alma mater) memoribilia.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
The Holy Grail of knitting books-Alice Starmore's Aran Knitting or Fair Isle knitting, anything on my Amazon wishlist, and the Princess Leia lighted knitting needles on Ebay. My magazine subscriptions are extensive: Interweave, Creative Knitting, & Vogue Knitting mainly.


22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I really need to sharpen my finishing skills.


23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes. I'll edit the measurements later

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)August 23rd

No comments: